Market participants, in this case, will only have access to a subset of the records.
Russian biometrics, collected by banks, can come under the control of the Ministry of Digital Sciences in Integrated Biometric Systems (UBS). Market participants will only have access to a portion of the data collected. Vedomosti wrote about this, referring to the words of the chairman of the State Duma Committee on Information Policy, Alexander Khinshtein.
- The interlocutor of the publication claims that banks will not be able to keep copies of Russian biometrics.
- The archive transfer mechanism to EBS is expected to be developed in 2022.
- Recall that Russian biometrics began to be collected in 2018. During the campaign, many unpleasant stories appeared on the network regarding abuse of authority by market participants. In particular, users complain that the company collects “images” of faces and voices without people’s knowledge.
- By the end of 2020, analysts found that more than half of Russians were not ready to share their biometrics with regulators. Citizens, among other things, do not believe that regulatory authorities can ensure the safe storage of information.
- In order to replenish the database of “casts” of people and voices, the authorities, in turn, propose to deprive Russia of not sending access data to a number of remote services.
Let us remind you that calls to EBS are paid. The cost of one request is about 200 rubles. Rostelecom also makes money by appealing to EBS.