The businessman shared his attitude towards BTC being bought.
Michael Saylor, CEO of software supplier MicroStrategy, controls more than 17,000 bitcoins. The entrepreneur shared this information in an interview for The Information.
- According to Michael Saylor, his personal account has 17,732 BTC. As of this writing, the entrepreneur’s assets are valued at approximately $860 million.
- The head of MicroStrategy told the publication that he never sold his personal bitcoins. Michael Sailor explains this strategy by the fact that he sees the potential for further growth in the cryptocurrency rate.
- By the end of 2021, MicroStrategy is the largest bitcoin investor. The company controls 122K BTC, or 0.583% of the total cryptocurrency emissions. For comparison, the availability of the second largest investment in digital assets of market participants – Tesla – 42.9 thousand bitcoins.
- MicroStrategy’s active investment in cryptocurrencies has increased the correlation of the company’s shares with the behavior of the BTC value. As a result, securities software providers have become an alternative for many market participants for direct investment in digital assets.
- Against the backdrop of the prolonged decline in bitcoin at the end of 2021, company representatives were faced with the need to find alternative schemes to make money from cryptocurrency. During conversations with investors, the MicroStrategy team did not rule out that in the future the organization will issue loans based on BTC.
We will remind you, earlier on the network there was information that investors were predicting the growth of bitcoin against the background of overbought cryptocurrencies.