Also, the trading platform team is showing interest in ETFs based on digital assets.
The Brazilian stock exchange Bolsa Balco (B3) plans to enter the cryptocurrency market in 2022. About this, with reference to the words of the head of the trading platform Gilson Finkelstein writes InfoMoney.
- According to the publication, the B3 team is studying the possibility of interacting with tokenized assets. In particular, developers are interested in tools for regulating the storage of such financial instruments. Also, representatives of crypto exchanges are exploring the possibility of working in the “cryptocurrency as a service” (CaaS) segment.
- Gilson Finkelstein believes that entering the digital asset market will be a natural step towards B3 development. At the same time, the head of the project drew attention to the fact that he does not plan to turn the platform into a crypto exchange. According to him, Brasil Bolsa Balco will limit itself to providing a number of tools for traders to interact with digital assets.
- The B3 team is also planning to launch an Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) based on cryptocurrencies. Gilson Finkelstein did not disclose details of the financial instrument.
- The Brazilian team Bolsa Balco decided to enter the cryptocurrency market amid the growing interest of Brazilians in the digital asset market. Positive dynamics, including, are reflected in the statistics of bitcoin purchases for the country’s national currency.
- B3 is one of the largest stock exchanges in the world. On December 14, 2021, the market capitalization of Brazil’s Bolsa Balco, according to Statista, reached $1.1 trillion. This indicator allows B3 to be included in the top 20 of the largest stock exchanges in the world.
We remind you, previously on the network there was information that the Bank of Brazil plans to test the national digital currency in 2022.