A message with a screenshot of the company’s letter to the user appears on the network.
Tinkoff Bank became interested in the operations that users of financial institutions carry out with cryptocurrencies. There are reports on the network that the company sent a letter with a request to provide information about transactions with digital assets, as well as screenshots of them.
According to a screenshot of the letter, Tinkoff Bank asks account holders to provide information such as the following:
- Are crypto exchange operations carried out? If the operation was performed, then you need to indicate from what period.
- Documents confirming the origin of the funds the client used to purchase cryptocurrencies.
- Documents for payment of taxes on transactions with cryptocurrencies.
- Authenticated screenshot of a crypto exchange personal account. So Tinkoff wants to identify cryptocurrency holdings to clients.
- Notary screenshot of a client account statement from a crypto exchange.
- Authenticated screenshot of the personal account of a cryptocurrency exchange partner (buyer) who made a purchase in the last three receipts for a cryptocurrency settlement.
- Transfer receipts notarized by a notary or bank or sending card statement for the last three transactions related to the sale of cryptocurrencies.
If possible, Tinkoff asks to send the originals to the bank’s official address. The company invites clients to respond by December 24, 2021. Netizens perceive the initiative negatively.
Bloomchain asked Tinkoff for comment on the letter. Until this news is published, no response has been received.
We will remind, earlier in the State Duma they calculated how much money Russians spend on cryptocurrencies.