Company representatives plan to launch a financial institution in 2022.
The main goal of Yandex.Bank is to support the transactional services of the IT parent, as well as the formation of financial products for an audience, which for one reason or another is limited in obtaining them. The head of the company, Tigran Khudaverdyan, spoke about this in an interview for RBC.
- In particular, Yandex.Bank will focus on the self-employed. With his help, according to Tigran Khudaverdyan, representatives of the designated categories of taxpayers will be able to receive loans. For this user group, it includes couriers and taxi drivers, among others. The platform may issue the first loan in 2022.
- Recall that Yandex is building its bank on the basis of the financial organization Acropolis, which came under its control in April 2021. The deal cost the company 1.1 billion rubles.
- The purchase of Acropolis allows Yandex to gain access to bank licenses to provide financial services. Based on the permit, the company can start developing its own services.
- Yandex expects its bank, over time, to enter the top 3 financial organizations of the Russian Federation. Now the championship belongs to Sber, VTB and Gazprombank.
- Despite the fact that Yandex.Bank has not yet been launched, project-oriented fraud platforms have already begun to appear on the market. In early December 2021, the company withdrew the Central Bank of the Russian Federation to fight cybercriminals.
We will remind you, earlier in the network there was information that the “Yandex Bank” was headed by the former deputy chairman of the bank from the top 20.